Sunday, April 27, 2008

Tattle-Tale

1981

This little bunny had a tale for anyone who'd listen. We regularly called her into our room to find out what was really going on downstairs in the family room. She dutifully and happily reported every single misdemeanor of her brothers and sisters.

One day she came into the laundry room with chocolate chips melting all over her face. "The kids are eating the cookies," she said.

I feel a little like a tattle-tale today. I'm quick to feel picked on and anxious to report the blunders of others, yet I have some chocolate on my face, too.

Most of the time people have good intentions. I've learned a lesson today: we're the pioneers of this blog world. There aren't any rule books yet. We're making it up as we go along, and I think we're doing a pretty good job.

Our cute bunny figured out that tattle-tales aren't very popular. By the time she was six she quit jumping to conclusions, and spreading tales, became a little less judgmental, and enjoyed her chocolate chip cookies a lot more.

I'm going to wash all this chocolate off my face.

(All's well that ends well.)



5 comments:

Jake said...

What happened? I need to get the scoop, I think.

Ashlee said...

Cute picture! Glad everything worked out well in the end and that you were able to clear things up.

Travelin'Oma said...

No scoop. Just a misunderstanding.

Annie said...

That is such an awesome photo. And story. I can relate to having a little chocolate on my own face sometimes.

{once my brother came to my mom with a pair of scissors in his hands & said "I didn't just cut your brown necklace with these scissors..." Nothing like a little SELF tattling!)

kenju said...

What an amazing photo!!